Makes about a gallon of salsa.
2 Bell peppers
1 large onion
2 Jalapeno peppers
1 TSP garlic powder
1 TSP chili powder
1 TSP salt
1 14.5oz can or 1 ¾ c tomato sauce
1 14.5oz can or 1 ¾ c diced tomato
1 Tbsp Vinegar
Dice half of the onion. Chop up the bell peppers, saving the heart and seeds. Place the uncut half of the onion in to a blender, with the whole jalapeno peppers, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, vinegar, tomato sauce and just the hearts of the bell peppers. Mix and pour the sauce into a large bowl/pot. Now add the diced onion, chopped bell peppers and the bell pepper seeds. Also add the diced tomato. Softly stir until well mixed together. Enjoy.
- To add flavor you can also add other peppers to the mixer such as banana peppers.
- To lower the heat from the salsa remove the Jalapeno peppers seeds.
- To raise the heat at the end use a can of mixed diced tomato and habanero peppers.
- The longer salsa sits the hotter it gets.
- Also some find it has a richer flavor if you boil it for 5 min after making.